Pinterest Crafting: Stout Cupcakes


I'm not really doing these as often as I hoped but at least I'm trying, right? This time I thought I'd try one of the hundreds of cake recipes I've pinned.

Stout Cupcakes

 Matt and I had the day off together so we decided to do a little baking. I wanted to try something we'd never done before so I scrolled through my Pinterest and found this pin. They are basically chocolate and stout cupcakes with a bit of coffee, a ganache on top and finished with salted pretzels. The full recipe can be found over here, Matt and I just halved the ingredients as we thought 36 cupcakes between two of us was a little greedy! The cakes themselves were really yummy and went well with the pretzels but we really messed up with the ganache. I think we managed to split it but personally even if we had got it right the extra chocolate made it a little too rich for me. I'd definitely make them again but next time I'd add a creamier topping to balance it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment